Service– Use of the website www.taxbot.com, www.taxbotuniversity.com, and the Taxbot App.
Personal Data - information relating to an identifiable person who can, by virtue of such information, be directly or indirectly identified
Usage Data – data collected automatically by the use of the site (ie length of visit)
Cookies – Small files that are saved into your system via your web browser
Data Processors – Third party services used by the Data Controller to collect and store your Personal and
Usage Data - (ie CRM, Shopping Carts, or Merchant Gateways)
Data Subject – any person whose Personal Data is being collected, held, or processed (ie. you)
Personal Data is provided by Data Subject:
When ordering or registering on our site, blog, or landing pages; as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, billing or physical address, phone number, credit card information or other details to help you with your experience.
Usage Data is collected automatically:
When visiting our site, blog, social media, landing pages, or app, we collect Usage Data such as your computers IP address, browser type, browser version, the date, times, and frequency you which you access the website and the way you interact with the content.
What are ‘cookies’?
• Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
• Understand and save user's preferences for future visits.
• Keep track of advertisements.
• Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future.
We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to disable all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. However, disabling cookies may limit functionality of the site. For more information, visit: http://www.allaboutcookies.org
How we used your information:
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
• To provide and maintain Service.
• To advise you of changes to the Service.
• To respond to your customer service requests.
• To detect and prevent technical issues.
• To analyze usage to improve site and service functionality.
• To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
• To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products.
• To follow up with you after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries).
• To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
Users have the option to authenticate access to their Gmail account so that Taxbot can automatically capture a copy of email receipts and store them for tax compliant purposes. If access is granted, Taxbot takes a snapshot picture of any potential receipts and imports that picture, along with the email receipt text in order to match the receipt to your bank or credit card transactions. Only those email receipts are stored in the Taxbot database and that data is NOT used for any other purpose. We do not sell, rent, or expose this data to anyone. In fact, no humans, including our employees will ever have access to see your emails unless.
1. The user explicitly gives consent to look at specific messages.
2. It is necessary for security purposes like investigating a bug.
3. It is necessary to comply with applicable law.
4. Or the use is limited to internal operations and the data has been aggregated and anonymized.
Taxbot's access to these receipts is "Read Only" (meaning we do not have the ability to read, create, or modify message bodies (including attachments), metadata, or headers. You have the right and ability to revoke access at any time in the settings of the app.
How do we protect your information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
We share data with:
Service Providers. Taxbot LLC shares personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, and assessing interest in our products and services.
Corporate Change. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale of Taxbot LLC, we may transfer any and all Personal Data we collect to the relevant third party.
Taxbot LLC we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States' consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children's privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur we will notify you via email within 7 business days.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
• Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
• Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
• Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
• Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
• Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
• Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
• Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
• Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
• Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
• Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at email@example.com or follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Taxbot LLC may process your Personal Data if:
• We need to perform a contract with you
• You have given us permission to do so
• The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights
• For payment processing purposes
• To comply with the law
When you register on our site and set up an account to receive products or services, you are confirming the legal basis for this processing as a performance of a contract between you and Taxbot LLC. This constitutes consent that your Personal Data may be used to show you Taxbot LLC Advertisements and other content. You can withdraw your consent at anytime by contact Taxbot at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have the right to be informed of what Personal Data we hold on you and if you want it to be removed from our system by contacting us at email@example.com
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
• The right to access – you have the right to request copies of the information we hold about you at any time or to have the information modified, updated, or deleted. There is no charge for this service unless it is “manifestly unfounded or excessive”. If legally obligated, we may deny your request by providing the reason why.
• The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
• The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
• The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
• The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
• The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Digital Marketer Labs, LLC relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that for your security, we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
420 West 1500 South, Suite 200
Bountiful, Utah 84010
United States of America
Use of the Taxbot website and services is also governed by our Terms.