The Profit Junkie Podcast with Jake Randall – Episode 035 – with John Lee Dumas
John Lee Dumas is a popular podcaster who hosts the Entrepreneur on Fire podcast. John’s been at it for 7 years now and has grown his following to a respectable 1MM listeners per month. A unique thing that John does is post how much income his podcast is bringing in each month ($232,658 for May).
In this episode, we discuss who should start a podcast (and who shouldn’t.) And how you should approach it if you want to be profitable.
Some topics we covered during our conversation:
- Why you the first thing you should do before recording your first podcast episode is to create an avatar and gear the podcast specifically for that person.
- What you should focus on in the beginning before you worry about getting sponsors.
- The truth about driving traffic to your podcast…and how you can skip this part altogether in the beginning.
- Why starting a podcast might not be the right move for you.
- The reason that NOW is a better time than ever to create a regional podcast.
- How to determine what medium might work best for you.
- Why John lets other podcasters sponsor his show.
Connect with John: www.eofire.com
Free podcast course mentioned in the episode: www.freepodcastcourse.com
All content on this site is the property of Midas IQ LLC, or the author. You may link to any article that you wish, or share via the social media buttons below. However, please do not copy articles or images for use on other sites without express written permission.