- What does the potential elimination of the A.C.A. mean to you? - October 28, 2020
- Take This Post as a Threat! - October 19, 2020
- If you follow the CDC Guidelines: Your landlord can’t evict you. - October 12, 2020
The next several posts will deal with the important subject of “Reserves.” I get asked all the time, “I just saved up a few thousand dollars. Where should I invest it?” My answer is to set up a reserve! They are absolutely essential. So what is a reserve?
A reserve is a RISK FREE and penalty free fund of money that will be immediately available for use upon the occurrence of a major expense or unemployment or calamity such as:
* Job loss,
* Start up living expenses while you are building a business,
* Braces for kids needed within next three years,
* Big upcoming medical and dental expenses, not covered by insurance,
* Wedding costs that will be incurred within 3 years,
* College Costs that will be incurred within 3 years,
* Other unanticipated and unexpected events.